Cannabis Business Times asked five industry experts to share their insights into what it takes to win a license in an increasingly complex and competitive environment.
What follows is a roundup of their best advice, from how to get involved in the community, to competing with the industry Goliaths and more.
- Be ready to provide specific details.
- Establish a relationship with local officials.
- Research the area’s cannabis voting record.
- Reside where you plan to operate.
- Develop a budget, and then double it.
- Protect your intellectual property.
- Make sure your community outreach effort is substantive
- Become familiar with a state’s licensing structure.
- Understand what it will take to reach the finish line.
- Highlight the educational role your business will play.
For the full list and more detail, visit Cannabis Business Times