Dabbing enthusiasts now have the power to extract oil from their favorite strains in the comfort of their own homes with the rise of rosin. Rosin looks and feels like shatter or sap, however the only difference is the lack of harmful gases used in other methods. The method, if done correctly, can prevent valuable terpenes from burning off and give a much higher yield and percentage of THC than other methods.
The solventless extraction method has become a hit throughout the stoner community because it is safer, cleaner, and vastly easier to perform with everyday household items. Gone are the days of butane and CO2 extraction when the only risk of running oil is a possible burn to the skin.
The first thing you need to do is assemble the following items:
- Hair straightener (Do not use the one in your bathroom belonging to your sister and purchase one with a low setting of around 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Any higher and you run the risk of burning off valuable terpenes.)
- Cannabis flower, bubble hash, or kief to run as starting material
- Unbleached parchment paper
- Collection tool (Regular dabber tools work just fine)
- Heat-resistant gloves (EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION! Safety always comes first!)
Click to read the entire article on Merry Jane.