Quality Assurance for Medical Marijuana (MMPR) Certificate Program at the Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences (APPS)
As the medical community continues to acknowledge the medical properties and health benefits of marijuana, APPS is becoming one of the leaders in providing the required, Quality Control and Quality Assurance accreditation.
With Health Canada’s introduction of the QA requirements for Medical Marijuana, new regulatory requirements and Good Productions Practices for Medical Marijuana have been implemented. Each Licensed Producer must have a designated Quality Assurance person equipped with the training and technical knowledge to conduct the requirements of Division 4 of the MMPR.
AAPS, in conjunction with industry professionals with years of experience, has developed a series of interactive certificate courses and workshops to provide the MMPR industry with a unique opportunity to learn firsthand how the regulatory requirements can be met.
AAPS currently has five in-house workshops available that enable participants to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to meet Health Canada and other regulatory agencies’ expectations. The courses and workshops cover the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Medicinal Marijuana detailing quality requirements, laboratory testing, sanitation expectations and appropriate production practices.
The Workshops featured in this Certificate:
- August 19, 2014: Sanitation Program for Medical Marijuana – Procedure, Implementation and Set Up
- September 10, 2014: Complaint, Recall and Adverse Reaction Reporting for Medical Marijuana
- October 16-17, 2014: Fundamentals of Quality Assurance for Medical Marijuana – Toronto
- October 30-31, 2014: Fundamentals of Quality Assurance for Medical Marijuana – Vancouver
- October 24, 2014: Writing Effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) For Medical Marijuana
- November 7, 2014: Good Documentation Practices and Record Keeping for Medical Marijuana
Health Canada alone has already estimated that demand for medical marijuana will increase ten-fold and sales will reach $1.3 billion dollars per year by 2024. Avoid the significant costs of a product recall before it happens. Avoid delays in licensing or the revoking of approved licenses by ensuring you are not contravening with any of the legislation by acting now.
Find Out More…
Telephone: 416-502-AAPS (2277)
Toll Free: 1-855-502-2288
200 Consumers Road,
Suite 200 North York,
Ontario M2J 4R4
Source: The Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences