A new survey by WebMD reveals that the majority of doctors support national medical marijuana legalization because it can deliver real benefits to patients.
WebMD’s survey was completed from Feb. 25 to March 3, 2014 by 1,544 doctors representing more than 12 specialty areas in 48 states. Here’s a look at their responses:
- 69% say it can help with certain treatments and conditions
- 67% say it should be a medical option for patients
- 56% support making it legal nationwide
- 50% of doctors in states where it is not legal say it should be legal in their states
- 52% of doctors in states considering new laws say it should be legal in their states
Support for medical marijuana varied by specialty: Oncologists and hematologists showed the highest level, with 82% saying marijuana delivers real benefits to patients. Rheumatologists ranked the lowest on that question, with 54% saying it delivers benefits.
Read Full Report On: webmd.com